Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From a Brabus 2011 good condition Tachometer & Clock. I have a 2010 and it will not fit. Missing screw cover and connectors. Will post pics later today . . . Asking for what I paid. $250.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That would be a neat project to convert into a camping trailer to match my 2013 Brabus of the same color. (IF it's not going to be fixed.)

·
17,476 Posts
Im pretty sure the Brabus models had a black background.
This is correct. However 2011+ smarts all use the same clock design regardless if they have Brabus trim or not. The true Brabus pods for 2011+ cars is the left pod being a Tachometer and the right pod being a bluetooth module; both pods with a black face.

Note: This clock will not fit on cars older than 2011 due to a different base design.

Reactions: magicbus66

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is correct. However 2011+ smarts all use the same clock design regardless if they have Brabus trim or not. The true Brabus pods for 2011+ cars is the left pod being a Tachometer and the right pod being a bluetooth module; both pods with a black face.

Note: This clock will not fit on cars older than 2011 due to a different base design.

Thank you for clarifying that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone got an idea on how hard this would be to install with the wire cut?

I've been keeping an eye out for local junkyards and Craigslist ads for one that might be parting out. I've been thinking about swapping out the clock pod in place of a water temp gauge as well if it doesn't sell . . .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Remove your unit from the plug, cut that wire, match them, link the wires, and install. I know Ive had to do it with a unit in my other car a while ago. It shouldnt be too hard as I dont believe there would be many wires in the first place.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Remove your unit from the plug, cut that wire, match them, link the wires, and install. I know Ive had to do it with a unit in my other car a while ago. It shouldnt be too hard as I dont believe there would be many wires in the first place.

So the connecting wires are under the dash cover already hooked up? If so, it would be an easy chore to splice the wires.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.