Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving my new Brabus for a week now and could not be happier. Handling and performance is much better than expected.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my Brabus since January and it is still just too much fun to drive, especially on curvy, hilly country roads. Looks like youhave a Black Coupe. That's what I have. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
One week on and loving it

We've had our Bumble Bee Brabus for a week now and I can't get over the difference from our previous Passion coupé. Suspension compliance is what really sold me on the car. The subtle difference in exhaust note is also quite nice. And the appearance package really make this car stand out.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have had my Brabus for 2 months and still love it dearly. It is so much fun to drive. I have the cabrio, my first rag top and am really loving it. I have not drive a passion or pure so can not compare the different models. Let the fun begin

·
Registered
139 Posts
First month with my black cabrio and I love it! Also my first rag top, and it is hard to keep clean! I used to think the wheels where weird, but I like the 15"s in front because it won't loose any of that trademark tight turning radius. When i put 18"s on my other car it definitely turned wider.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
But why the weird front and rear tire set up? I love the new Brabus style wheels but a 15" in front and a 17" in the rear looks weird? What do you other owners think?
As the front tires/wheels are an integral part of the front crash protection on the Fortwo, it was deemed necessary to retain a 15" front wheel size in order to conform to US crash standards.

·
Registered
156 Posts
We have had our Brabus Cabrio for one week now. Put 1,000 miles on her. Just way too much fun to drive. Taking corners, hugging like a go-kart. The suspension is sport car like and pick up is better than expected. Way better than our '97 Dodge diesel P/U. It draws quite the attention. The other day, my wife (note: the actual owner/driver) was going to work. For example: Low & behold the Michigan State Police pulled her over. She was doing 65 in a 70. So, what gives! The officer approached the vehicle and ordered her to exit the vehicle. She asked if there was anything wrong, had she violated any laws? He replied -- NO, I have seen you pass through here a couple times and I wanted to see what the car looked like on the inside. People will do anything to get a glimpse.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Interesting link but not something I'd put much credibility into.
This was independently confirmed by the manager of my smart centre, and the information was passed down by smart USA, so whether or not it's "true", that's the reason they have provided. The idea is that there is more sidewall height, which helps absorb energy and provides more "give" in a crash.

As you mentioned, it is also probable that the desire to maintain a degree of understeer factored into the decision, as it would have proven difficult to run staggered tire sizes (narrower up front) with all four 17" wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts