Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 passion coupe. 6300 miles thereabouts. Bought it one week ago and had a 'Smart' mechanic give her a thorough going over, on the lift and full diagnostic. This morning drove took a 10 minute drive and home. As I pulled into the driveway, braking to stop, a message came up on the dash.. "Brake Assist Inoperative". What happened? It felt okay, but what if anything did I do, or did I do anything to cause that malfunction?? Thanking you in advance!

·
Registered
121 Posts
You will need to scan for codes if the brake assist is inoperative. Drive the car again and maybe after a key on/off cycle, the brake assist will return to normal operation. You can also try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or longer to reset the computers.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
10 minutes one way, stop, then back, meaning two starts? Check health of 12 V.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That short drive I kept it running, so only one start. I left later for work, a 20 minute drive through heavy traffic, lots of braking, stop lights, ect. I kept watching for more 'error' msgs, but nothing happened. Coming home later, same kind of conditions. It hasn't repeated, so just a bit of computer glitch maybe. Shutting engine off for 2 hours, then restarting, perhaps reset it?! I appreciate your responses and will get it checked if it happens again. Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts