Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2015 Fortwo for my wife and I am the one who loves it. I have a question about the brakes/rotors. Where do order them from?

Thanks in advance!:nerd:

·
Super Moderator
29,021 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :)

Any of the usual places - local auto parts stores, Rock Auto, Amazon, eBay, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I did find for the front but not rear brakes. can disks be used in the rear or only drums?

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
...stick to drums in the rear....unless you have mucho dinero burning a hole in your pockets...
...drums to disks conversions are available but $$$$
...the drums do a great job..

Jetfuel....screeching to a stop...

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Drums in the back have gone as much as 150,000 miles for some. I sure wouldn't change them just to change them. Fronts also need changed when they meet the minimum spec or if your want to change them for some other reason like dust control, etc. Fronts have given most around 30K, but that can vary widely.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 16,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 6,500 miles

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the replies. I see that this forum is very helpful. I will read through the stickies for more information.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Other than color, does your smart look like the ones at the top of the page?
If not then yes it is a 451.
I believe models years for the 451 ran 2008-2015.
If you have a Pure with moonroof, leather seats and no glove compartment or no door on the glove compartment then you most likely have a former "CarToGo" ex-rental car.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,782 Posts
Is there an oval on the triangle next to the L/R rear view mirrors, what does it say?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I brought my 2013 in for front brakes. They replaced them but the still made noise. The shop had to order and install better quality rotors and pads and install them. You want to make sure they install good quality. It was an extra $70 for the parts but they sound great now. Good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts