Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just serviced my car and now I am beginning to hear that "famous" sound of brakes rubbing against either the rotor or drums. I have a 2012 Pure. It sorta sounds like uncooked rice being poured into a container, that swishing sound. I have 41,000 on the car.

I am thinking of just changing the front pads cause the rotors look pretty smooth like a 33rpm record with no scratches or chunks. What are the best brake pads for a 451 like mine? Where do you suggest I get them?

Thanks, Diane

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Hi, I just serviced my car and now I am beginning to hear that "famous" sound of brakes rubbing against either the rotor or drums. I have a 2012 Pure. It sorta sounds like uncooked rice being poured into a container, that swishing sound. I have 41,000 on the car.

I am thinking of just changing the front pads cause the rotors look pretty smooth like a 33rpm record with no scratches or chunks. What are the best brake pads for a 451 like mine? Where do you suggest I get them?

Thanks, Diane
Get ceramic pads.........any parts store.........I use Rock Auto.com They will kill the front disc dust and last forever. I put a set on my 09 about 7 years ago and they are still like new.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have 50k miles on my 2013. I drive hard but do most braking using the transmission. I just did a pad slap and the difference is like night and day. That embarrassing sound is gone when pulling up to a stop light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts