Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Hmmmm, Power windshield ?

I have seen some guys that have cut a slit in the cowl and took a full size windshield, and lowered it with the lower portion of the windshield hidden in the cowl area...

Am I getting close ?? :confused: :p
Nah. We have plenty of boat manufactures around here and a few have windshields near identical to a Crossblade. Might even be able to do one up with no custom manufacturing or modification.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I'll pack the sawsall and jump on the plane.
Speaking of kit cars -- this would be a good idea. A wrecked smart, a couple of body panels, a saws-all, and presto-change-o -- cross blade! Also, I think the bumper could be better-looking anyway -- it's a bit bulky for my tastes! Anyway, Kind of that baja-bug thing going on!:wink:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Update: As of today, the Crossblade has been sold, here are some pictures taken from Smart Club Mexico:

I asked how many kms it had at the moment it was sold, I'll let you know if I get an answer.

·
17,356 Posts
*Wah!* I wish that were me behind the wheel...*sob*

Lucky, lucky man... :)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I've been told the Crossblade still had "0" kms and he lucky (and most likely rich) guy paid over $24,000 dollars for it.

·
Super Moderator
28,273 Posts
Speaking of kit cars -- this would be a good idea. A wrecked smart, a couple of body panels, a saws-all, and presto-change-o -- cross blade! Also, I think the bumper could be better-looking anyway -- it's a bit bulky for my tastes! Anyway, Kind of that baja-bug thing going on!:wink:
Even better, why not a kit for a roadster? Instead of transplanting engines as some folks seem to like, why not take the majority of smart mechanicals and electrics and transplant them into a space frame roadster kit? :)

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Even better, why not a kit for a roadster? Instead of transplanting engines as some folks seem to like, why not take the majority of smart mechanicals and electrics and transplant them into a space frame roadster kit? :)
of course that would work too, but would be a bit more expensive as the manufacturer would have more to fabricate. If you could keep the kit price around 10K or lses, then I think it would probably sell well.

·
Registered
433 Posts
There are a few illegal ways to get cars registered in the US but you take the chance of getting the car impounded and eventually crushed. You got that kind of money and don’t mind loosing it go ahead. Just having money doesn’t work as Bill Gates and other rich owners have found out his Porsche 959 was impounded for over 10 years. Read the following to bring yourself back to reality.

Coming to America in the Porsche 959

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can't post links but there is a Crossblade for sale! 3k KMs dealer says, on their site with some goofy vinyl wrap but they said it's no longer on the car. Ideal Motorcars llc dot com is who has it

61 - 74 of 74 Posts