Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I want to say thank you for this awesome resource - I read about 1,000 posts on this forum before purchasing my Smart Car. It helped me know what to look for on the test drive, what questions to ask - truly invaluable.
Bought a used 2013 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe - has just over 7k miles, so basically still pretty new, it's Metallic Silver with Black Tridion Cell (Can't post pix yet)
Finally tried out the paddle shifters tonight - really makes for a completely different driving experience....now if I can just figure out the stereo :)

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Welcome to the asylum.
I found that driving in the Kansas winds that the larger wheel and tire combos on the front wheels made driving at highway speeds a lot safer with the car tracking straighter and not getting windblown direction change. You can rotate your tires as well and it is the first and best modification that I think you can make.:)
Second most important mod is large racing stripes since they make the smart a lot faster and people will get out of your way.:wink: :burnout:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! The wind here is a bit unforgiving! Only issue I've really had so far, is people thinking I'm brighting them, when I am obviously not....LOL

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,074 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride! :) I'll second the Doc's front wheel/tire recommendation. Many of us adjusted the low beam lights down just a bit to reduce flashing from oncoming drivers, but I still get a few (and then I show them what the high beams really look like). It's an easy adjustment.

If you're interested in tracking and sharing your fuel mileage, we can always use a few more smarts on Fuelly.com.

Check out my YouTube smart videos when you get a chance to see some event photos and video, especially the "Two year ownership" and "2011 Orlando" videos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And now I can post a picture LOL

Or not, don't think the forum likes dropbox, will try again later!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My first fill-up (yes I'm on Fuelly LOL)! Only took 6.5 gallons and got 39.5 mpg - pretty happy with that, since I'm still getting used to the car! The tank gauge is based on the capacity without the reserve, is that right? Only other issue I've had, the 2nd key fob is not functioning, will either have to go to Tulsa or KC to get that working. Had to have the windshield replaced due to a drop of glue on the VIN label LOL, Texas had no problem registering the vehicle apparently, but the VIN inspectors here weren't having it.

·
Banned
682 Posts
Hi everyone! I want to say thank you for this awesome resource - I read about 1,000 posts on this forum before purchasing my Smart Car. It helped me know what to look for on the test drive, what questions to ask - truly invaluable.
Bought a used 2013 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe - has just over 7k miles, so basically still pretty new, it's Metallic Silver with Black Tridion Cell (Can't post pix yet)
Finally tried out the paddle shifters tonight - really makes for a completely different driving experience....now if I can just figure out the stereo :)
Have fun with your new slightly used Smart!

Go KU & Wichita State!

I'm a long time Kansas boy...now spending most of my time in Houston! :D

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! You won't be sorry.
I've driven my smart (on second smart now) every day since July 1 of this year and drove it this afternoon (70 miles total). I enjoyed it more today than the first time if that's possible. My wife claims I'm like a 16 year old with a new license- I'll do any errand for her just to drive my smart.:D

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
:welcome:to the forum, aka The Asylum, where we are all a bit crazy about our smarts and some of us are just plain crazy. Watch out for the guy in cell #1.

Theore you drive your smart the happier he/she will be. Our little cars love the open road whether it's a highway, interstate or a rural road.

Consider coming to the Midwest Ralky in June in Amana, Iowa. It will be a great chance to meet other smart owners, learn even more about your art and drive around with other smarts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts