Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That little electronic device thieves are using to randomly unlock cars to steal their contents. I can confirm that it works on a 2008 Smart.
Someone used it to break into our Smart last night in the Houston area. Lucky for us, we had nothing inside the car and they did no damage. They also got into our 2012 Jeep and made off with some USB charging cables and an old Garmin GPS.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Wow! I didn't know there was such a device. Now there's something else to worry about. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone know how widespread this is? As I said, it's news to me.

·
Super Moderator
11,232 Posts
I could use it on my cars I don't have remotes for, and only one unit for all the cars... sounds good to me! I'll take one. >:D

O.K. so seriously, anybody that would break into a car deserves to be broken into themselves. We had a guy who was stealing radios out of cars when I was in Vocational school. I caught him trying to take the radio out of my Corvair. I never locked it because it was a convert and I didn't want them slashing the roof. The radio was an AM radio, what a moron. anyhow, the door slipped closed on his leg, and then he repeatedly fell down until the police arrived. we found a lot of radios in the trunk of his car. His car kind of fell apart after they took him to jail via the hospital. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
These days it's almost better to just leave your car unlocked with nothing in it. At least they won't break anything getting in.

An old boss had his work car broken into while he was at a funeral, which is a pretty low act in itself. There were no marks or damage to the car, only abut $3000 worth of missing tools. The insurance company refused to pay and he lost the lot. Car thieves all need to disappear!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts