Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you may have noticed in another post, wife's '09 turns over but doesn't start. I have tried several options already and I'm down to possibly the SAM being "bad" for some reason, somehow.

will any SAM be able to plug & play into any other vehicles wiring harness connectors, regardless of vehicle options.

in other words, since her car does have seat heaters, etc. and NOT cruise control, if I were to buy a used SAM from another smart car that does not have seat heaters but DOES has cruise control, would the replacement SAM work in her car?

does the question make sense?

THANKS all! truly appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
The 09 smart did not have a cruise control, and the SAM needs to be matched to the other computers in the car, as well as the instrument panel, keys, etc. which would require a visit to someone with a STARR computer to set everything up and match any options from the factory.

If the car won't start and you tried all the normal stuff, a STARR computer may be needed to figure out what it is missing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 09 smart did not have a cruise control, and the SAM needs to be matched to the other computers in the car, as well as the instrument panel, keys, etc. which would require a visit to someone with a STARR computer to set everything up and match any options from the factory.

If the car won't start and you tried all the normal stuff, a STARR computer may be needed to figure out what it is missing.
that's what I was afraid of.
thanks Jim!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
local shop has a STARR. it took him a couple of hours & got it done & running.
needed new plugs...
it didn't occur to me to think of spark plugs as the problem, as I generally install Iridium plugs in everything which, literally, last forever.

we'd not installed them in her car.

so... there you go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts