Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I needed to take my battery out, but in the process, I broke the heat exchanger cover. I tried to buy a replacement from the dealer, but it was not the correct size. He suspects that it was mispackaged.

Does anyone know if this cover needs to be water tight (for AC condensation)? If no, I could probably repair he damage with epoxy putty. If yes, I'll need to come up with a "plan B."

If any has one they are willing to sell, I would be willing to take it off you hands if it's the correct size, and your price with shipping is reasonable.

Many Thanks!
-v-

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts
I'm guessing the epoxy repair will work, but I'm not an A/C expert. :)

The Daimler parts system shows two part numbers: A 451 835 00 56 and A 451 830 00 52, if that helps.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing the epoxy repair will work, but I'm not an A/C expert. :)

The Daimler parts system shows two part numbers: A 451 835 00 56 and A 451 830 00 52, if that helps.
Thanks, Jwight

The part number they quoted me and I received was 4518300052 it looks like that part was for 451s without AC. The unfortunate part is every diagram I've found shows the part as a "blob." I'm still trying to find a real photo before I purchase again. The last time it took me two, two-hour drives, one to get it one one to return it for. $50 part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts