Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He got the key to the smart for his visit back East. He drives a soul Red Mazda 6 at home. He liked the car but did not like how well the AC worked or how other drivers on the road acted around him.
Serviced the AC after the first 90 deg day this summer, it is as good as it gets. I must be getting old but peoples seem to get more nuts every day.
The little car has woven itself deeper into the memories that I cherish. The Fiat AKA the convertible got the most requests this year from my granddaughters. There was one request for the smart to get grandma alone...

Still love my little car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We have idiot drivers on the freeways of Phoenix too. Seems as if there are more lifted trucks on the road. I was doing 85 in the middle lane with no one around when a white pickup came up on my ass and stayed there for a couple of miles. He went around me at 100 but not before belching out black soot all over from his diesel while nearly taking off the front clip of my car. Simply an ass. I find the a/c isn't very strong compared to my other cars but I guess when you have a 999cc engine powering a compressor, it is what it is.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The smart tends to set a certain type of person into "the full Anorak Mode" or to put it an other way our extremely little car prompts some extremely bad behavior in some. Not the car's fault in my view.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
There should be a paintball gun on the front of every smart, for use when the dip****s are out.

BTW, the sub-80 IQ smoke kings don't seem to realise that it's easy to shut off outside air so their stupid smoke show is nothing but a waste of fuel.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There should be a paintball gun on the front of every smart, for use when the dip****s are out.

BTW, the sub-80 IQ smoke kings don't seem to realise that it's easy to shut off outside air so their stupid smoke show is nothing but a waste of fuel.
Don't fall into the trap of becoming one of them. I look at myself and think about the wife that loves me, who knows why. Two great kids and soon a fourth grandchild to love. These jerks can go wee up a rope...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Serviced the AC after the first 90 deg day this summer, it is as good as it gets.
Serviced how? Most shops will only vacuum a system for 15 minutes before recharging. Not long enough to get all the moisture out so performance suffers. I just replaced a leaking service valve core in a line on a 12 year old Honda Accord. Vacuumed it for 2 hours. Thing blows air colder than a new car and it's near 100 here with the humidity.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I find the a/c isn't very strong compared to my other cars but I guess when you have a 999cc engine powering a compressor, it is what it is.
Compressor output depends on engine speed not size. I have a 999cc engine in another car brand and after 10 minutes you have to lower the fan speed or it gets too cold inside.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Don't fall into the trap of becoming one of them. I look at myself and think about the wife that loves me, who knows why. Two great kids and soon a fourth grandchild to love. These jerks can go wee up a rope...
Sorry, it was just a joke.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
I don't let highway drivers that pass me when I'm doing 75 mph get to me. I just smile and I know that they're gonna run out of gas long before I do.......As far as the cold A/c goes, I kept my temperature on 68 and it got pretty cold. After better than half the summer I kicked it down to 60 and it froze me out...... I got behind a VW TDI the other day and it was belching so much black smoke I had to shut off the A/C to breathe. I've followed greyhound buses that didn't smoke that much. That's one car I would have loved to passed if I'd only had a few more horsepower on tap. I want a nitrous setup on mine !! 3 cylinders surely couldn't suck a nitrous bottle dry for a little while, and think what it would do for those butthole drivers when they couldn't catch you......DCO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts