Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
Now that it’s 2021 what’s the census on the go to businesses or people that are providing the best ECU/TCM tunes for a 451 smart?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you. I live out in the country in Oregon where there is no deq. 😎
Hey, I'm in Oregon also. Where ya at?

I know Smart madness in California offers a TCM module they send you. Then you can remove the map and reinstall after any testing is done. (for California users).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I'm in Oregon also. Where ya at?

I know Smart madness in California offers a TCM module they send you. Then you can remove the map and reinstall after any testing is done. (for California users).
Thats interesting, I just chatted with them and he told me they don’t offer a TCM tune, just a ECU. And the ecu tune seamed a little limited.

Im in Newberg, how about you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats interesting, I just chatted with them and he told me they don’t offer a TCM tune, just a ECU. And the ecu tune seamed a little limited.

Im in Newberg, how about you?
Hmm, it’s still on their website for sale.

Nice! I'm in Happy Valley

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do remember seeing that and chatting w/ smart madness in the passed about the flash. What I remember was The flash helps more in automatic mode than it actually does in manual mode. I only drive in manuel mode. 🤷‍♂️ It is funny that the guy did not mention it when I called him yesterday. Someone should comment as to there experience with it. I’m sure someone has bought’n.

I have a Moto shop here in newberg, come out sometime and check it out. There is also a road nearby that is killer in a smart car. It’s a bunch of 10-20mph turns on buttery asphalt.

Font Number Document Screenshot

·
Registered
44 Posts
I do remember seeing that and chatting w/ smart madness in the passed about the flash. What I remember was The flash helps more in automatic mode than it actually does in manual mode. I only drive in manuel mode. 🤷‍♂️ It is funny that the guy did not mention it when I called him yesterday. Someone should comment as to there experience with it. I’m sure someone has bought’n.

I have a Moto shop here in newberg, come out sometime and check it out. There is also a road nearby that is killer in a smart car. It’s a bunch of 10-20mph turns on buttery asphalt.

View attachment 67336 View attachment 67336
Yeah, that's strange he didn't mention it.

But I wasn't aware of it helping in auto mode more as I also only drive in manual lol.

Do you have a go pedal yet?

Oh heck yeah! That would be fun! What's your name and the name of the shop? My son and I will have to come visit soon :) he needs a new moto helmet too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, that's strange he didn't mention it.

But I wasn't aware of it helping in auto mode more as I also only drive in manual lol.

Do you have a go pedal yet?

Oh heck yeah! That would be fun! What's your name and the name of the shop? My son and I will have to come visit soon :) he needs a new moto helmet too!
No, Go Pedal for me. I believe it, to be more snake oil. My understanding it gives more throttle input than what the driver inputs. I know how to use the gas pedal, if I need 15% of throttle, I want to apply 15% and get 15%, not 40% which is what it does. (These percentages are just my imagination) Honestly, with the smarts ability to somewhat adapt to personal driving styles it kind of does that all ready. When I first got the car it was sooo lethargic and slow to throttle response. After driving it for a bit it learned my throttle aplications and now has much better response. So much so, (I would say in the 30% throttle travel distance range) when I want to give it med power off the line, 1st gear. I feel like I get more like 75% power out put. And the car will accelerate harder and faster than I was anticipating. Which is not predictable, I liked predictable, and if I was tuning the ecu, I would slow the roll down a bit with that feature.

My shop is Hot and Hazardous Performance, I focus on road race support, YCF, Sunday-motors pit bikes and Wolf brand scooters.
I can be reached at 503-830-1720.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, sooooo is there any feedback to where one can get there ecu and or tcm flashed/edited.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts