Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's a 2013 cabriolet passion.
I'm getting at least new back tires tomorrow. I'd appreciate opinions and feedback.
Is there a larger size tire I can get without getting a lift kit? All terrain preferably.
Walmart seems to have deals on the same size... the only place that's smart certified on my island is Mercedes and they're way to expensive.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
195/50R15 and 175/55R15 came with those wheels if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
You had the "3-spoke" wheels right? I have those too...
Fronts are 165/60/R15
Rear are 195/50/R15

I had a new set about a year ago from Discount tire, and the only MATCHING set was Continental brand.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
You had the "3-spoke" wheels right? I have those too...
Fronts are 165/60/R15
Rear are 195/50/R15

I had a new set about a year ago from Discount tire, and the only MATCHING set was Continental brand.
I'm pretty sure the 3 spokes originally came with 175/55R15 up front. The other optional wheels came with 165/60R15 up front. Check on your door sill please? Should say the correct size there. (I guess I could be wrong but I'd be surprised)...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the original set of Continental tires when I bought the car...sizes were the same as the door tag, and that is what I bought (Continental brand) which was the only brand that had a matching set.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Thanks.

When I was ordering mine there was information that said those wheels came with the 175s up front. I wanted the extra 10 mm so bad for extra stability but I really wanted fog lights instead of LED DRLs. Information on the 3 double spoke wheels that I ended up optioning and the other option were not clear, but the only way to get those 3-spoke wheels were with the style package...

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I believe the safe bet is 185/60R15. Our venerable Miss Mercedes uses this size if I recall correctly with minimal, if any, rubbing.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
The Walmart app is sadly lying. If you go to check out you'll see a surprisingly large shipping fee.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts