Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,675 Posts
Wonder what the KBB trade-in value will be of the dusty low mileage 451 showroom display when your local smart Center is required to write that check for a new 453?

I know, probably get more at CarMax . . .

·
17,384 Posts
I'll take a 451 Tridion Cell Display!!!

Mount a real smart seat inside, mount a TV where the windscreen would be, then add a gaming racing wheel/pedals for your favourite platform and viola! The best racing sim rig...in the worrrrrrrrrrlllllld...

On topic, I see they beefed up the Tridion Cell's door protection and added additional crumple zone area. :D

Edit: I was redundant. :eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Neon -

Tridium 'demonstrator' -

There was one for sale on eBay - it came up a number of times but not in the past few months. Price was below $1,000. Either MD or VA.

I wanted to buy it for back yard sculpture for the beach house, but wife (the artistic one) said no.

-Barry-

·
17,384 Posts
Seriously. In that comparison I made, the iQ looks like a decade old design.

Toyota must be killing the thing. It's been on the market since 2008 and hasn't even seen any facelifts or anything. And they say our cars look old.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I think the extra width was for footwell space to make room for the clutch pedal. Something many smart modifiers have found to be a stumbling block in alternative power plants. If we are offered a clutch, I will definitely get one. I hope they engineered the power plant for longevity. One of the things I don't like (especially with a 450) is the engine's life span. I can't see why it shouldn't go 300k + miles with todays technology. My friend gets 500K out of Crown Vic's easily, without major repairs time after time.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Knew they would mess it up. :nono: Went from a clean solid design to a wacky/quirky looking thing.

That white is nice though, i want to see one with a matching cell and body color. Don't like how the window trim isn't aligned with the cell and how the door handle isn't aligned with the window trim. And why does the cell have that curve in the rear like the iQ? lol

And that grill would look better black. A silver or white grill with the silver smart badge doesn't contrast very well.

Uhhh smart... why :|

I think i need to design cars :alien:

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
And that grill would look better black. A silver or white grill with the silver smart badge doesn't contrast very well.
Yep, if I get one that will be the first thing I do, paint the grill black or replace it with an aftermarket one, which will surely be one of the first offerings.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Yep, if I get one that will be the first thing I do, paint the grill black or replace it with an aftermarket one, which will surely be one of the first offerings.
It is available in black. It appears they are color matching it to the tridion:

I love this orange/black combo with the black wheels... I think I've found my next smart...:D

·
Super Moderator
28,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Side skirts?

Looking through the photos from Daimler and others it looks to me like the removable side skirts are gone - anybody else see that? :)

1 - 20 of 112 Posts