Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'08 Cabrio, busted top sliders.

Top suddenly started 'catching' on the way up, found broken top slider on pass side. I'd like to replace the sliders on both sides. Anyone have a part number for 'em.

Also: the Cabrio has what I'm tempted to call top bows. When the sliders "caught" it appears to have at least partially separated one of the top bows (second one from the front) from the top fabric. Is this fixable, or do I need a new top. If one does go for a new top, do bows come with the new top?

Any ideas as to what caused the issue. The top went up and down w/o any trouble -- until it didn't.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Can’t help with part numbers but for top repair, I would check with a local shop that does convertible tops.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I checked with Sam Jack "Bubba's" Convertible tops and boat cushions and believe it or not, they were not intimately familiar with Smart car top assemblies. Hard to believe.

Gonna start a new thread.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cabrio top slider try #2

Here is a MB parts .jpg of the cabrio top. The part(s) I need are encircled in Red.

So far I've been unable to get a part number, even from a Mercedes dealer that sells and services Smarts.

With apologies for inviting attention beyond who has the most miles on their smart, or what the positively, absolutely best cleaner for the radio antenna is, I'd like to inquire whether anyone has a favorite parts man or other parts source who is knowledgeable and clever enough to dig out a part number.

Here's the parts diagram:

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
'08 Cabrio, busted top sliders. Top suddenly started 'catching' on the way up, found broken top slider on pass side. I'd like to replace the sliders on both sides. Anyone have a part number for 'em.
Go to www.mbpartsstore.com and in their smart Parts Catalog select 2008 cabrio. You'll find what you need under Body > Cover & Components.

Hope that helps!
Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts