Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I've bought a 450 Cabrio from 2002 and the roof has one of the cables broken like the attached photo. So, if the roof is closed, I can't open it to replace the cable... What would you do? I'm out of ideas :D
I just need to understand the mechanism that releases the roof from the front. What "clicks"?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it turns out that it's not actually broken. It's detached from the other plastic piece where it should be inserted. So the cable doesn't pull the front of the top, it slides alone. I remove the motor so I could slide the cable manually (really manually, with a screwdriver pressing the cable between the rails and sliding it). I'm at the stage where I finally can open the top all the wall to phase 2 (the back detachment). But it doesn't detach. Any triggers or things to check what can be causing this not to drop? How does it drop (100% mechanical or is fed electricity)? Any fuse I should check?
Any help would be awesome guys :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally did it but pushing a white piece inside the back of the roof (on both sides, symmetrical). Done :) If anyone encounter the same problem, I can post a photo of the piece to make it easier to understand :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally did it but pushing a white piece inside the back of the roof (on both sides, symmetrical). Done :) If anyone encounter the same problem, I can post a photo of the piece to make it easier to understand :D
I have the same issue with my smart 450 cabrio fortwo it seems and after searching and searching the internet I hope that you maybe able to help me from reading your post.
could I please see the image that you are describing?
Many thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts