Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Anyone had their switch for the Cabrio top go out? My '09 Cabrio starting to get a little iffy on opening/closing with the switch on the center console. Do I have to go back to Smart/Mercedes for this? The dealer we bought the cars from is 150 miles away, and the one in town acts like we're step children( not Mercedes owners)! Appreciate feedback from anyone whose had this problem.

thanks,

·
Registered
74 Posts
Replaced mine about a month ago. It was less than $20. at the dealer. Luckily you don't have to spend a long time at the parts dept. I ordered it on a Friday over the phone and picked it up on Tuesday. They didnt have it in stock.

·
Registered
775 Posts
If your MB dealer won't order it for you, there are plenty of online smart dealers who will, and ship or mail it to you.
Can you point us to them? I've tried ordering a couple parts from smartonlineparts.com and they refuse to let you order anything that isn't in stock or available at "the warehouse."

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Thanks for this information Sonny, Wallace and Rich. I am filing it away in my brains file cabinet for future use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts