Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other Mississippians with smarts on here? I got my red with black trid August 5 in Birmingham. I do love it!

I know I've seen a couple of smarts in MS... but have had no luck finding anyone on here or smart insider.

Any news on the Jackson, MS smart center? Supposedly they're getting one.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Mississippi and Smart in the same sentence! WoW, who'da thunk it?! :D JUST KIDDING!! WELCOME!

I have a feeling I saw your car - I went up to check out the B-Ham dealership on the 2nd. Only remember seeing 2 red interior cars while I was there so I'm guessing you have a black/grey interior as one of those red interior cars I know who it belongs to and the other was a red interior YELLOW Passion! :eek:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm here in Laurel. Work in Meridian 120 miles each day and love the drive. It is not a problem. With the ac on, its 3.1 galons per day about $12.00. Thats much better than my Tahoe! At 7,000 miles I hope the Jackson smart center opens when I need service.

see phots on my gallery page.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yay! A fellow Mississippi smartiepants! Glad you posted, amoore007!. What has your mpgs been like in our lovely MS heat? Do you drive auto or manual?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bum-bling-B!

Yep, I know, it's an oxymoron.... *laughs* No offense taken.

When my tag comes in, it will say: SMRTNMS
Nice oxymoron, eh?

Yep, that would be mine that you saw in Bham on August 2. I couldn't make it up that weekend... had to slave at the hospital.

Out of curiosity, does the red interior match the red paint job? In the pictures when I configured the car, the interior looked more orange than red. I decided to opt for the safe side and went with the black/gray interior.

Aimee

·
Registered
11 Posts
North Mississippi Here

I got my Pure from Birmingham on August 14. It is solid black with the gray interior. Since it has effectively doubled my mileage compared to the Cherokee I am quite pleased.

The only real hassle to date has been explaining to everybody in the small town (population 2,500) where I live (some 45 miles from where I work) what the car is. They all want it to be a Toyota or some other manufacturer. When I say it is a Smart and is made by Smart it gets funny looks. Yes it is a Daimler product just like Mercedes but Daimler also owns Chrysler and Chrysler is no more a Mercedes than Mercedes is a Chrysler. Getting people to grasp that is a challenge.

Anyhow, I am still tweaking my roller-skate to make it my own. There are a few small items left that I feel will make it the ultimate commuter machine. Not that they are necessary, it is a great car as it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand LPBailey's problem. When people hear of the Mercedes connection they immediately think it cost a bundle. So then I have to explain, no, it's an economy car, just a fun one! :)

It's funny, I get plenty of stares, but have only been approached a few times. Fine by me, though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm dying to try the BBQ at The Shed. I think a 4600 mile round trip might be a bit ambitious though. :eek: When does hurricaine season end? We Californians can only handle earthquakes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hurricane season...JUNE 1 to NOVEMBER 30 with august being the peak. I drove my smart to work through Gustav. No problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
smartcenter Jackson update:

I ventured up I-55 tonight to investigate to see if the smartcenter is open yet since the website is up. The smartcenter in Jackson is indeed now open! They have 17 smarts on the lot. Of course, all are already sold. It turns out that the smartcenter is not actually on the same lot as Higginbotham Mercedes. It is 2 buildings down like you're going south on I-55. The Captain D's is on the left of the smart place, and North Jackson Chrysler Jeep is on the right, and then Higginbotham Mercedes is next to the Chrysler Jeep place. It's in a tiny building that used to be Enterprise rental. They are building a new building in the back of the temporary building. At any rate, all the maintenance and parts will be at the Higginbotham location for now until they can get the new building built.

Thought you guys might like to know!

It opened Thursday, by the way.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That is good news. I just drove to B'ham for my 10,000 mile service. FYI it was 2 hours and $202. Hey, where did Enterprise move to?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got an e-mail from Smart Center Jackson that my Smart will arrive December 13th! I can't wait! I live in Baton Rouge. It's a shame there aren't any Louisiana forums. I would love to meet up with some fellow Smart owners once mine arrives. Maybe we can organize a meet/greet for the weekend of Dec. 13th in MS?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
meet and greet in Ms

I just got an e-mail from Smart Center Jackson that my Smart will arrive December 13th! I can't wait! I live in Baton Rouge. It's a shame there aren't any Louisiana forums. I would love to meet up with some fellow Smart owners once mine arrives. Maybe we can organize a meet/greet for the weekend of Dec. 13th in MS?
I would be available for a Meet/greet the weekend of Dec. 13 in MS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Enterprise

That is good news. I just drove to B'ham for my 10,000 mile service. FYI it was 2 hours and $202. Hey, where did Enterprise move to?
The new Enterprise location is in the same vicinity as the smart dealership on I-55. I can't remember what the nearest building or street is, but it's only a few buildings away from Higginbotham and the old Enterprise Now Smart location if you're going south on I-55.

10,000 miles, eh? Any problems so far? I'm about to roll 3K... The shifter got stuck in 1st gear while in automatic mode once, but I shifted it over to standard and was able to shift fine. It never did it again. Hopefully it was just a fluke. I do have a bit of wind noise coming from the passenger window/door somewhere, but it kind of comes and goes and hasn't annoyed me enough yet to go see what that's about.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have felt that wind nois,e or lack of, is a strong suit for my smart. The only problem I have had was the "known" defective alarm. It was repaired by Birmingham last month as a warrenty issue. Yes I'm almost to 13,000 now running I 59 every day.

AL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Date just got pushed back to Dec. 25th. :(
Smart Center Jackson said they will be closed that day, so I plan to pick it up the Saturday after Christmas. Anyone still wanna meet up?

G

·
0 Posts
Are there any other Mississippians with smarts on here? I got my red with black trid August 5 in Birmingham. I do love it!

I know I've seen a couple of smarts in MS... but have had no luck finding anyone on here or smart insider.

Any news on the Jackson, MS smart center? Supposedly they're getting one.
I see this is a very old post, but we have a Smart purchased four weeks ago at the Jackson dealership. We're in Madison. We're in the process of starting a Smart Club, so when it's done we'll try to round up everyone in MS or at least the Jackson metro area for membership

1 - 20 of 24 Posts