Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in another post that the 2015 Fortwo 451 I purchased did not come with the armrest. I asked the service manager if there was an OEM that I could purchase. He had originally quote me $900 to install a factory armrest, but he later said that they are alot more difficult to attach, and they are no longer able to order all of the one for my smart (i can’t remember if he said i needed a two or four bolt attachment). They said it is even harder to install on a heated seat. Has anyone had any luck ordering an aftermarket armrest from smart madness or off china? I know the ons that fit into the cup holder would not work since the cup holder is under the dash. If anyone could post a link and explain why they like the armrest it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I can
PM SENT TO YOU TINY-CAR-GUY
Boesch Built Custom Billet Aluminum Armrest for the 2008- 2014 Smart Fortwo (Smart 451)- Semi Gloss Black
Photograph White Light Product Font

The Boesch maybe discontinued as a lot of stuff is for the smart. But they are still available.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I can
Boesch Built Custom Billet Aluminum Armrest for the 2008- 2014 Smart Fortwo (Smart 451)- Semi Gloss Black View attachment 66344

No longer available, for many many moons now. I had one, sold it to a smart owner in Texas, for 60 bucks. You‘d have to find one on eBay. Smart madness sells a similar looking one. It not cut out of aluminum though. Made by SILA Concepts.
Accessories

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,810 Posts
If you can find the Boesch built armrest used on E Bay or some other auction site, I would get that one. I bought mine way back when they were still making smart accessories. It bolts to the driver's seat bracket with a couple of bolts. No drilling or difficulty installing. I have had mine since I got my car 12 years ago, and no issues. It is a 10 or 15 minute install, even if you are old and slow like me. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Got charged way too much once at a Mercedes dealer to retrofit R12 to R134a. You see I befriended the parts guys at my local dealer way back and he said "they can put anything" as a price. (As proof one of them once handed me a receipt with a bolt for $999. May be able to dig it up with a lot of patience)...

Parts aren't quite that expensive if you can find them:

7N11 is an extension to the part number for color code to match your seat. Search online without it and maybe just maybe you'll be lucky. Dealer parts department would be able to tell your color code with your VIN as a more direct route...

(I think it was a $150 option when I was ordering my smart, but they did not sell the color for the crystal gray leather seats hence I didn't get it. EDIT-. Possible what happened you were given the Mercedes Benz price, from the SA's off the top of their head estimate, then when he/she went searching for the parts realized (s)he was 9x over and said NLA possibly. In my case the SA's conversion estimate was probably way higher than she expected, but I already agreed so she adjusted a hose way way up in cost)...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I have his arm rest and paddle shifters and they are first class. I would like to find one of the see through engine covers.
You might be able to make one. It looks like Matt took a existing cover. Cut it out. Use heat resistant plexiglass, for a insert. Lots of brass faster hold it in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I mentioned in another post that the 2015 Fortwo 451 I purchased did not come with the armrest. I asked the service manager if there was an OEM that I could purchase. He had originally quote me $900 to install a factory armrest, but he later said that they are alot more difficult to attach, and they are no longer able to order all of the one for my smart (i can’t remember if he said i needed a two or four bolt attachment). They said it is even harder to install on a heated seat. Has anyone had any luck ordering an aftermarket armrest from smart madness or off china? I know the ons that fit into the cup holder would not work since the cup holder is under the dash. If anyone could post a link and explain why they like the armrest it would be much appreciated
I have a 2017 fortwo
I got this armrest that fits into the cup holder between the seats , which I guess your car does not have... this was perfect for me

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your sweetheart lap is the best armrest and it is heated too to keep you warm. That is one of the great advantages of owning a SMART.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts