Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you are asking is a smart car safe to drive in the mountains, the answer is most definitely yes! The 2013 smart car Nationals were held in Denver, Colorado. At that time we had about 100 smart cars driving through the nearby mountains. To the best of my knowledge, no body and no cars got injured during that drive. Now as to the multitudes of people who got whiplash from gawking at all of the cars, that is an entirely different matter!:cool:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
We drove ours to Rocky Mountain National Park once. It did seem to have a issue. The panoramic plastic roof, made looking at the mountains nice. Coming down the mountain, warped, the front brakes. constantly braking. stop and go.

Crossing Kansas, was the worst part of the trip. 625 miles in that car. Getting there. The Most uncomfortable seats.

·
Registered
225 Posts
What are your experience driving by the Mountain with this car? Is this safe?
Claudia
The smart car does great in the mountains and are a lot of fun. Best to know how to use manual mode, either with the paddles or shifter to keep the engine rpm's above 3k. Also, best to use engine braking when coming down a mountainous road to keep the brakes from overheating and warping the rotors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are asking is a smart car safe to drive in the mountains, the answer is most definitely yes! The 2013 smart car Nationals were held in Denv
If you are asking is a smart car safe to drive in the mountains, the answer is most definitely yes! The 2013 smart car Nationals were held in Denver, Colorado. At that time we had about 100 smart cars driving through the nearby mountains. To the best of my knowledge, no body and no cars got injured during that drive. Now as to the multitudes of people who got whiplash from gawking at all of the cars, that is an entirely different matter!:cool:
Excellent! I just drive my car in the local city but I feel better now! Thank you (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The smart car does great in the mountains and are a lot of fun. Best to know how to use manual mode, either with the paddles or shifter to keep the engine rpm's above 3k. Also, best to use engine braking when coming down a mountainous road to keep the brakes from overheating and warping the rotors.
Good to know, I have to practice how to use manual mode! Thank you!(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts