Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
A few months ago I painted some interior pieces of my Sharp Red, red.
Recently after looking at a few smarts online, I noticed that some of the modded ones had the original silver rims of the speakers on the door, painted. I really liked the look of it, and wanted to do the same to mine.

So my question is, are those easy to pop off, or are they more of an adhesive piece?
I just don't want to try to get them off and then end up damaging them, bending them, or have to glue them back on. I'm hoping they are like the other trim pieces of the car and pop in and out like legos.

Thanks!

·
Registered
883 Posts
When I painted some interior plastic car pieces, I used a durable heat tolerable paint, and baked them in an oven at around 200 degrees for around 15 min on a cookie sheet (keeping watch), then let them cool in the oven and reinstalled 24 hours later - they were baked to get a smooth (orange peel free) finish.

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
I believe the speaker grilles come off from the back side(?) I know to replace the speakers, the outside door panel has to come off.

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
I wanted to paint the same pieces (that are green in the picture) yellow for my yellow smart but saw pictures of a smart interior with those pieces painted yellow and thought it was too glaring for my taste. The electric green pieces in that interior don't make me feel that way. I might have to do that in my electric green/white smart.

Attachments

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
John I will post better pictures when some finishing touches are done. And I will make sure they are in better light and not sideways (they were not sideways on my end?)
This electric machine is truly a delight to drive. I like to drive in a spirited manner and this is one spirited car. People see my stripes and want to put my little car in it's place at stop lights but those same people stop laughing at my little car when I make them eat my exhaust. (No animals have been harmed from my exhaust but some road egos have been deflated.) This car pulls very quickly from the stop and just keeps on pulling having none of the shift hesitation of the gas Bee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts