Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi the other morning I got into my smart park at my home and saw the glove compartment open someone check the contents and stoll a paper notebook with leather raping,it look like a wallet .
Then from inside I check the passanger door it was no fully closed.
No broken windows.
then I check the handle on the driver side ,and you had do a big pull of the
handle in order to open the door,from inside the door opened with out issues,
Then I saw a video how to take the black handle out and I took the smart to my mechanic explaining how to take the handle out (2 screws and a pull to the side).
The plastic clip that holds the flexible wire was off.
He fixed for free.
For me they try to open the door with a big pull.Can this work?
How came the alarm didnt went off?
I always put my alarm on at the end of the day and from now I dont keep the keys on my pocket ,some time when Im working inside the garage I can hear the alarm going off by bending myself,or my pants tauching an object

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Are you talking about the beep beep beep alarm or the horn blowing alarm that's the panic alarm? I've set the panic alarm off with keys in pocket before, I've even set off my wife's panic alarm when starting my smart because her spare is on my ring. My smart has the factory installed alarm, which can be disabled, that is motion activated. Deactivated it will still beep 3 times when you lock your car. Instructions for activating/deactivating the alarm are in your manual. My wife's smart does not have this alarm so all she gets when she locks her car is 3 light flashes, no beeps. I'd check the manual and see if you actually have the alarm activated, if you in fact have the alarm. Check your center pushbuttons, there should be a button that has a side view of a smart with a red light on it if you have the alarm. I know the alarm is sensitive because I've reached into my smart through an open window and set it off without opening the door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts