Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got the tires changed on my 2005 Brabus Smartcar fortwo. The guy didn't listen to me and put way different size tires on it. So when they were done I left and the three lights on the left side of the console went on and the speedometer stopped working. So I brought it back and he said no problem just drive it for 30 miles and it will reset itself. So I did that then the engine light came on and there started to be a knocking sound come from the rear. Then the car did this weird thing where the shift window came up three lines and was stuck in gear. Does anyone know if these tires may have screwed my trans? Thanks in advance!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,698 Posts
What size did he put on your car and how much larger were they than the stock Brabus sizes? My 2009 US spec Brabus came with 215/35-17 on the rear from the factory. Several years ago, I installed the same size on the front. No issues or nanny intrusions at all. It sounds like you have other issues than tire sizes. I am sure someone with more mechanical knowledge will chime in soon to offer help. Also, Welcome to the forum!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts