Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 cabrio, and thinking to install the 13' LED DRL so it looks more modern, can it be done and how much is gonna cost approximately?

Also if I want to install the 13' front grill where the logo is not on the hood, but on the grill, how much does this part cost and can it be done on my model year?

thanks

edit: i have a Canadian version with the DRL module in place, not sure if that matters but thought i need to let you guys know :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
This is exactly what i wanted to do to my 08... now i actually have the 13 and am very satisfied.

But im pretty sure the new DRL's only fit in the new front end... so you would have to get the new front end and replace it with your old one which costs quite a lot.... the brabus led's on the other hand will simply pop right in those plastic covers but they'll cost you $540 from the dealer.

I did extensive research on trying to give my 08 a facelift but it was way too pricey.

I have some cheap eBay DRL's on my 08, they are alright but do not compare to the new ones.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I've seen 2 versions of DRLs on older Smarts, where the blanks or fog lights are.

One is the version that has the 5 little LEDs with the outer-most one lower than the rest, creating almost an "L".

The other are the body-colored LED units on the light blue or matte green LightShine editions from 2011.

Although I can't offer any advice on wiring, I hope that helps! If you go with the facelift lower valance, make sure you get the right one for DRLs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts