Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is pretty random but after reading a little article about car leasing, I was wondering if anyone had looked in to leasing the smart car. Is this even an option available to the consumer? Has anyone looked in to this with Smart USA customer service.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
They would be stupid not to offer a lease as a purchase option. One of the current smart dealers was thinking about leasing the converted model, but you probably want to wait until 2008. If you want to contact the current dealer, try www.fiestacorp.com and the "contact us" function. Otherwise, wait for 08. I'm sure that leasing will be done.

Ron Gaus, aSmartCar.com

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was thinking about leasing over the weekend too. This would be great, because the models we REALLY want won't come out for 1 or 2 years, like the Brabus, turbo equipped, hybrid, diesel, etc.

Would a lease of $250/month be reasonable? Too high, too low?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Depends what you can get with the same cash elsewhere...

I was thinking about leasing over the weekend too. This would be great, because the models we REALLY want won't come out for 1 or 2 years, like the Brabus, turbo equipped, hybrid, diesel, etc.

Would a lease of $250/month be reasonable? Too high, too low?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Smart car usa was running a lease special of 99 dollars a month. Herb Chambers Smart on the East coast let me use their 2012 loaner car for 3 days at no charge, just had to gas it up when I was done, 20 dollars after 3 days Sweet. You may be able to find someone who rents them like an Enterprise near an airport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Almost was certain to get a smart car. After readying about the warranty and repair issues considering.
Honda Civic Si, MazdaSpeed3, Kia Soul, Ford Focus, Chevy Cruze

·
Registered
2 Posts
I leased a loaded 2013 Passion. Traded in a 2008 pure. The payments are $150 a month and they are sending me a check for the difference between the trade in value of the pure and the lease down payment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts