Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im sick of bent rims i want to go bone stock all around.. trying to figure out all this tire lingo. i understand the front is usually 4.5 and rears 5.5. but i think ive seen upgraded braubus or any upgraded rim and tire at 5.5 in front and larger in rear! ... does anyone have a link to an affordable site to buy 4 bone stock metal with 4 all season tires with a little beef on them. ive found one for $650

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
I have found that the 'bone stock' tires and rims for a Passion or Pure 451 will give you a harsher ride than going with 4 rear rims and a wider tire with more meat between the rims and the road. I am currently using 6" wide rims with 195/55-15 now for a few years. Much smoother ride.

Using 17" rims (stock on Brabus) we have heard of a lot of damaged wheels, mostly because they were a softer aluminum rim. My first 08 and 09 pure's had the steel wheels and I did not have any problems with bent rims at all. My current Passion(08) has the 9 spoke alloy rims and they are bent. I am using an aftermarket 15 x 6 3 spoke aluminum rims and they have been good rims, with General Altimax 195/55 tires.

The good thing about having all 4 tires the same size is the ability to rotate them, and the 5.5 or 6 tires are more common sizes and therefore less expensive, and a better selection.

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f409/you-member-i-can-rotate-my-tires-club-25415/

·
Registered
883 Posts
hey everyone im sick of bent rims i want to go bone stock all around.. trying to figure out all this tire lingo. i understand the front is usually 4.5 and rears 5.5. but i think ive seen upgraded braubus or any upgraded rim and tire at 5.5 in front and larger in rear! ... does anyone have a link to an affordable site to buy 4 bone stock metal with 4 all season tires with a little beef on them. ive found one for $650
Autobahnsmart

$100 each wheel - rim, tire, tpm sensor

http://www.autobahnsmart.com/wheels/oem-rear-wheeltire-15x55-passion-pure-part-a451-401-24-02

Posted from Android using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
I picked up a complete set of rims, center hubs and covers for a Pure from a dealership that had a bunch laying around. they were from take-offs on cars they sold, probably won't find them anymore but might be worth a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts