Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post: just bought a 2019 smart EQ fortwo for the wife, and she is thrilled with it !
The local Mercedes-Benz dealership from where I purchased the car wants us to download the smart EQ Control app for Android and then they'll register it to the car. But I cannot find it on Google Play as it says that the app is not available for the country. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,910 Posts
Welcome to SCoA!

First I’d go back to your Canadian dealer and ask that they ELEVATE the disconnect!

Likely only functional in Europe?

App is still listed down South but based on the reviews, flawed.

Read some of the conversations and perhaps reach out to the Company mouthpiece (email listed) who appears to be in the UK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to SCoA!

First I’d go back to your Canadian dealer and ask that they ELEVATE the disconnect!

Likely only functional in Europe?

App is still listed down South but based on the reviews, flawed.

Read some of the conversations and perhaps reach out to the Company mouthpiece (email listed) who appears to be in the UK.
Thanks for replying.
The M-B dealer is currently working under Covid-19 lockdown conditions and my sales staff are not on site. I've already notified them of this, and was informed that they'll get back to me when they make any progress! In the meantime, maybe just as well to not install the app it appears to be buggy...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on all the one star reviews, it appears that app is dead. :)
I was hoping that another app would have replaced the flawed smart EQ Control to turn on the heating/defrosting on wintery evenings before heading out to the car after work. Anything out there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts