Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something strange. After I joined this forum (late comer with a 10/1 $99 - yikes!) I happened upon the aforementioned forum and enjoyed reading a wealth of information from smart owners who actually possesed a Fortwo. I registered to become a member, received a confirming email, but NEVER received an approval to post. Anybody else encounter the same problem?:(

When I tried to reregister I received an a pop up stating that I was "banned!" ??????? :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Was that www.clubsmartcar.ca? If so, the same thing happened here. I registered, received an automated response and then nothing. It's a very good site, though. Lots of information but you have to keep in mind that almost everything is about the diesel 450 model. As far as I could see, there's never been a recall, the transmission is virtually a non-issue, and modifications appear to be relatively easy and available. In addition, the folks posting seem to be very nice people who can spell.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The CsC is plagued with spammers. These are weeded out by hand in many cases and they do make mistakes. Give it another try and if you still have problems, PM me with your info and I will get it to the powers that be.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Was that www.clubsmartcar.ca? It's a very good site, though. Lots of information but you have to keep in mind that almost everything is about the diesel 450 model. As far as I could see, there's never been a recall, the transmission is virtually a non-issue, and modifications appear to be relatively easy and available. In addition, the folks posting seem to be very nice people who can spell.
paul c, Yes the Canadians only have the diesel but next month they will have the same gas 451 as we will. They have a very active section on the new 451 and a great USA section.

I have been a member for almost 2 years and they have been very helpful and receptive to me and other gas (G&K) owners. I have been to several events north of the border and many of their members have been to events in the US. I have had the pleasure of the company of several of my CsC friends at my home on many occasions and cannot wait to have them visit again.

Again for anyone having problems registering on ClubsmartCar.ca feel free to PM me and I will do my best to resolve the problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I tried as well?? Never did get an approval either? Their loss. I wonder if they are trying to stop the in-flow of US people on to the site.

Interesting if that is true, now I know how the people from Mexico feel.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I got in fine - I didn't get an email that I was approved, but noticed on the bottom of a page on their forums that I was OK to post there.

I did notice several threads about what to do if you can't get approved.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
CsC

Yes, I agree, this is one of my favorite Smart forums.

They also have an "insider line" into the Smart factory and even the ships manafests that deliver the smart cars.

However, at times their posts get be a bit too "Pollyannaish".

a2jack.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just a word about ClubsmartCar.ca. When you register you should receive an acknowledgment e-mail. The problem is that after registration one of the board members must manually activate the account. This is an attempt to keep out spammers and other undesirables. Unfortunately this may take a day or two. If you can't log on immediately after registering wait a day or wo and try again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts