Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The people behind the teeny smart fortwo are big on making sure you know how small the car is (2.6 metres long, for the record).

But apparently it wasn't enough for them to deliberately not capitalize their company or model names. That's why their new miniature smart billboards popping up around Toronto, placed there by ad agency BBDO, says Auto123.com

The new campaign - tagline: "small is beautiful" - sees the billboards on telephone poles and park lawns. BBDO is calling the ads space-conservative and Eco-friendly.

Smart has not yet said where they will be erecting the matching new ant-sized fortwo dealerships.

Source

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
7,976 Posts
>>celebrate small is too kewl. They could sell those mini-billboards, no probably not as they would be MB priced at $500+ each . . .

Bear in mind, this is smart/CANADA not our rather laid back NEW U.S. partner, smart/MBUSA . . .

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Love the idea, but wonder if they're not just for a photo ad campaign? I don't know about Canada (Canadians are wonderful folks) but where I live those little billboard models would disappear in a few hours, at most.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
like the Burma Shave signs

Love the idea, but wonder if they're not just for a photo ad campaign? I don't know about Canada (Canadians are wonderful folks) but where I live those little billboard models would disappear in a few hours, at most.

I agree, I think they would disappear like the Burma Shave signs from years ago.
:D

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have read that the company actually took down their Burma Shave signs, and that those seen in museums or other collections are either reproductions or outright thefts.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
It would be neat to purchase one and place it in my front yard (actually the little area in front of my apartment. :) ).

It would be neat to get the photo above on a t-shirt or a poster. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts