Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( The wait is just too long... I settled for a Prius and abandoned any hope of ever getting a SmartCar.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Your loss bud!!!

If only you were a bit patient!!!, the day of your smart arrival will come and go, and then and only then you'll realize what you've done...

And now that I rocked the boat.... sit back and wait>>>>

·
Registered
821 Posts
You should have kept the reservation really. $99 in a savings account these days ain't going to yield much interest anyway.

3 friends of mine who canceled their reservations saw my smart last week. And first thing they all commented "Damn...should have kept the reservation.".

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm just wondering... whether we "wait" for our smart to arrive or not, time still ticks on. With $99.00 upfront, or without. With the $99 commitment,, when baby merc arrives 9 or 19 months later, the phone rings and you get to answer (or refuse) the call. That's the only difference. So, why cancel?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ya could have picked up an Orphan Smartie like I did! After I called about getting an Orphan I had one in three days! Thats the way to pull yourself off the list!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I agree with the keepers. Of course, I have a smart. I would never buy a Prius, personal choice and I am a TOYOTA lover. Prius is just a totally different animal than a smart. It is like comparing apples to oranges. I did reserve a second one. Ninety nine dollars that counts towards the purchase price when you get it, might as well leave it there. When I reserved my first smart, in March 07, I put the money down and FORGOT ABOUT IT until they actually came out in Jan 08. I think when people come here and obsess (sp?) about when it is going to arrive, of course they will be dissapointed. Just accept that there is one tiny factory that makes all the SMARTS for the WORLD, and that there is high demand. The wait is worth it. NOW, turn off this web page (sorry moderators) for a year or so, until you get your VIN number and stop obsessing!!!

Meaux :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tota: A monkey of the upper Nile and Abyssinia (Cercopithecus griseo-viridis), having the upper parts dull green, the lower parts white, the hands, ears, and face black. It was known to the ancient Egyptians. Called also tota.

You non-spanish speaking, now go and ask someone to translate it for you!!

OHHHHHHH now I get it!!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
That $99 Smart reservation might have been the best investment you could make...even if you sold the car as soon as it came in. I understand the not wanting to wait.....but cancel the Smart?

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
sammiam - Congratulations on the new Prius!! Not many who read here would opt for one of the most anti-green vehicles sold in the US. I'm excluding Toyota's performance green killer line "Lexus" whose hybrid cars get worse milage than Prius coupled with a huge piece of rolling battery hazmat.

·
Super Moderator
28,957 Posts
Wow, why's everyone so defensive. He made a decision and bought the car that works for him. Don't agree? Too bad. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
240 Posts
:( The wait is just too long... I settled for a Prius and abandoned any hope of ever getting a SmartCar.
At least you found a Prius. In Orlando the local smart dealer says their orphan list is about 4-5 months long. While the Toyota dealer is saying their Prius waiting list is 6-8 months long. So at least here, the smart is easier to get than a Prius.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
But why post such info, are we interested?

No.
Sure we are! That lets us know there's one less person in like who'd be willy nilly about the purchase and thus be another cog in the process. He's out of the way so someone who really wants one can move one step closer. :D

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Wow, why's everyone so defensive. He made a decision and bought the car that works for him. Don't agree? Too bad. :rolleyes:
jwight, there are plenty of Orphans available. The Prius is what it is, aside from all the hype. If a forum member wants to come here and declair they have cancelled their reservation and purchased this or any other hybrid, at this stage of the technology, they have to expect us to question their decision and be prepared for a response. Not defensive, just wondering what was involved in the decision making?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts