·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HV errors have gotten worse
Could not even drive to train today
Drive SYS Engine off
HV System Workshop
etc when it is error'd I cannot even charge it.

I have seen precharge errors and other communication errors.
Was able to get shifter to move from park by moving key on/off which releaseing shifter, once put into neutral it started fine.

with time it will start again, then will start again a number of times, no telling.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What sort of comms errors are you getting? My 2013 has intermittent CAN bus problems with MB Star listing the common denominator as the N127 drive train controller, I have a new one but it needs coding to the ESP unit by Smerc, shame they didn’t mention that when I bought it... The first checks on WIS were wiring loom inspection and unplugging and checking the N127 connectors (key off and reset lots of errors on reconnect), that seems to put the faults off for a few weeks, one of the connectors had latch grease on the face going into the unit so got lots of contact cleaner, I’m just waiting for it to fault again

·
Super Moderator
1,690 Posts
Forgive me guys if I've already asked this in another thread, but have your cars had the service update done for the HV battery that came out in about 2016? If you had your car in to a dealer over the past couple of years, they should have done the update for free and maybe did or didn't tell you about it, but it should have been noted on the service ticket.

There are quite a few threads mentioning this update. Some think that problems caused by a discharged/discharging 12v battery can affect the HV battery. Not proven as fact yet, but we are trying to gather evidence.

Keith - I know we talked about you building your own test unit. Have you done that and if so, what data is it giving you?

Len
2014 EV Coupe 19,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 17,000 miles

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine got a new battery in 2017 from dealer.
2 year warranty just ended.
Runs great no errors for weeks, then it is a pain in the ass , maybe pull connectors and clean and regrease.

·
Super Moderator
1,690 Posts
Sometimes you can sweet talk the dealer or the area rep into picking up any work needed, especially with a new battery that is just out of warranty. Doesn't cost anything to ask.

Len

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine was last in the dealers 21/10/16, not dug into the paperwork to confirm but a software update was mentioned when I booked it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a few days of not being able to use my 2013 ED and many months with hit or miss errors.
I opened my hatch, removed a few things, chg cables and spare tire.
I opened the plastic hatch that allows rear bulb changing, and pulled on some of the wires and plugs.

Now my car starts and drives without errors.
I know the chaffing was in that area so I just thought move them around and see!

VERY HAPPY!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
So here are codes i have and cannot reset, some have been around since dealer fixed i many thousands of miles ago.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I can mention that the SAM Module is notorious for bad soldering. I also know that Fuses 34 and 35 will cause an HV Battery System Workshop error and the car will not turn on to run mode.
Try pulling those fuses and pushing them back in.

Just my 2 cents

·
Super Moderator
1,690 Posts
There is a good thread a search should bring up with nice photos about where the wires are chafing. Not sure if there is an official service program that requires a dealer to check for that when a car comes in for service or not. I don't think so.

Len

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
T
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I can mention that the SAM Module is notorious for bad soldering. I also know that Fuses 34 and 35 will cause an HV Battery System Workshop error and the car will not turn on to run mode.
Try pulling those fuses and pushing them back in.

Just my 2 cents
Thank you, seems i move wires near ecu and errors clear

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I get 5 to 10 restarts, then it has a lot of problems.
Then it will have trouble starting until I move the correct wire, have not found offending wire or plug yet, very elusive and unaffected by new york city potholes at all

·
Super Moderator
1,690 Posts
Sorry to hear that. So wiggling the wires was not the fix huh?

Len
2014 EV Cabriolet 17,500 miles

1 - 16 of 16 Posts