Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good adapter for listening to songs from Apple devices in the car? I know that there are special car adapters for this. Can you suggest any? I was googling and the best reviews for connecting mobile devices has car adapter AUX Link. But before buying it I'd like to get some more information...Is someone using it? What's your opinion? Any other recommendations?

·
17,350 Posts
I'd say a good bluetooth streaming device that utilizes either the USB port or the 3.5 AUX, or both.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The aux is flakey in my 2011, I would try to stick with the usb if possible. In my 2011 you can use the factory Apple usb cable to connect via usb to the base radio but song titles do not show up correctly on the smart radio display.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I recently bought the AUX to blu-tooth adapter made by HTC. It works really well, and seems to last a good while before needing recharging. It turns off automagically when you turn off the car; if there is a good bit of time you will need to re-turn on the adapter when you restart the car. I haven't yet recharged it with the 'cigarette lighter' -- i just plug it into my computer and leave it until I need it.

I like it much better than having the AUX to iPhone cable dangling.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The aux is flakey in my 2011, I would try to stick with the usb if possible. In my 2011 you can use the factory Apple usb cable to connect via usb to the base radio but song titles do not show up correctly on the smart radio display.
my 2012 does not charge or play my iphone 5s via USB port... :( should it??

·
17,350 Posts
Nope, the USB port in the smart only recognizes NTFS and FAT filesystems. Apple devices running iOS run HFS+. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought AUX Link car adapter almost two years ago. Really satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I was planning to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation myself, but at any specialized workshop you can have it done in no time). I was purchasing at the online store AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free delivery free worldwide delivery. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a hands-free kit. Besides you can control the music using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car acoustics system. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe it's totally worth it. It's a good substitution for a separate car hands-free kit. Thus with this AUX Link you get adapter, charger and a Bluetooth hands-free kit. Three devices in one.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought my HTC adapter at the AT&T store....after doing a lot of research and looking around. IIRC, they were also available on Amazon, which had several different brands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts