Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recharged by 2008 battery. When I hooked the cables back up (negative first and positive second) the car horn started blaring at a constant volume. I had to unhook the positive cable. Help!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Try hitting the red Panic button on the key fob; that might kill it.

If not, it's fuse #31, the yellow 10A in the right rear corner of the box, however pulling that fuse will also cripple your central locking.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Sounds like the panic button or whatever would cause it to go off. Unless you installed an aftermarket alarm that uses the horn. If THAT is the case, then you need to reset the alarm. Ive seen cars do that before and the only thing that fixed it besides taking it in was to disconnect the battery, reconnect, start the car, turn the car off.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
My panic button doesn't result in my horn, "blaring at a constant volume", it results in a series of beeps, which terminate on their own after 30(?) seconds, or can be killed by pressing the button again. This sounds different to me since it is a constant sound.

Hope to hear back from the OP.

Man, hitting that panic button at 2AM with the Wolo Bad Boy is not very popular with my neighbors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts