Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do some get a car inspection before their (453) car warranty expires? Maybe pay to have a car mechanic look at the smart car (just as some car shoppers do before buying a used car). That way a potential issue could be spotted and possibly covered during the warranty period.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That's not a bad idea...
But since I don't know how long the warranty even last: could somebody tell me if my (built in October,02015) 453 has any useful amount left on it?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's not a bad idea...
But since I don't know how long the warranty even last: could somebody tell me if my (built in October,02015) 453 has any useful amount left on it?
The U.S. 453 smart warranty is usually based on the date of its first/original purchase (not the build date) and expires at the 48th month or 50,000 miles (whichever comes first).

Transmission, brake, suspension and exhaust systems. And check that the software is updated (you can call smart center with your VIN to see if there are updates or recall campaigns).

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's not a bad idea...
Call the MB dealer with your VIN and ask for the 'in service date'.
Chances are it's month's after the build date and you can still sneak a service in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts