Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2008 smart with po500 and us103 after test, car will not start and I have three horizontal lines in dash

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2008 smart car will not sta rt codes read as po500,uo103 wrench in dash and three horizontal lines ,any hints to what will fix this problem thanks gary

·
Registered
140 Posts
have a 2008 smart with po500 and us103 after test, car will not start and I have three horizontal lines in dash
Good morning,
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your smarty.
Po500 code is a VSS Vehicle speed sensor code which usually is generated by a fault from the transmission “electrical” verses mechanical.
In the search bar above type in “Thee lines on dash” and you will come up with a mountain of information from others who have had this problem and fixed it.
From what I’m understanding it seems to be something to do with the clutch actuator, possibly a lose or corroded connection.
Paula

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Welcome! Do hope you can find the answer to your issue by checking out the link referenced in your other post. Please only post one time about your issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
When we got the three bars, the car had driven fine the day before. Dealer said the shift motor failed and it was replaced. Back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts