Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having some troubles with my headlights. The car was starting OK but there were no headlights. So I read the Evilution troubleshooting guide on it. I took the SAM out cleaned all of the connectors inspected all of the fuses put it all back together and hooray, headlights fixed. It looked like I had some corrosion issues on some of the plugs. Once I finally had it all back together I went to start it and nothing. It simply will not turn over. I checked all the fuses again and plugged everything in, again. Nothing. Then I tried bump starting it to see if it was something more serious, and it started no problem with a bump start. Pulled back into the garage and still could not turn it over with the key.

Any ideas what I would have broken and where I should troubleshoot next? Everything on line says that it is either my battery, alternator or grounding strap. I want to look at other options before I am forced to drop my engine and risk damaging other parts.

P.S. any good tips on sourcing parts other than e-bay? So far I have had to order everything from the UK and its pretty spendy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts