Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning I spotted 2 smarts with the "car2go" distinctive markings. A photo crew was nearby to take pictures around the Dupont Circle. Dave told me that «the program is coming to DC, 300 cars would be deployed».

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I was at one of the Grand Opening parties checking out the car2go program, and to support Smarts. It looks pretty cool, and yes got to try out a passion coupe with power steering. I may just try it out real soon next time i am in DC.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
100 New Additional Cars, for 8,500 New Members

100 Days of car2go Success in Washington D.C.

From Daimler's Media page:
More than 8,500 people in Washington D.C. have registered as members of car2go since the carsharing company first launched in March, just 100 days ago - making Washington D.C. the fastest growing car2go city in North America. On average, car2go Washington D.C. members drive the 200 available cars 4,200 times per week. Trips typically range from 3 to 6 miles, and they last between 30 and 45 minutes, making the service a great complement to all other transportation modes available in the District.
To meet the growing demand of members, 100 new cars will be added to the current network of 200 car2go vehicles in the District this month. Additionally, car2go will now provide even more convenient parking options for its members by adding designated parking spaces in eight parking garages throughout the city. As always, car2go members can park in any legal space (metered or non-metered) in the Home Area, which covers all eight wards in Washington D.C. Find out exactly where those spots are located at dc.car2go.com.
Source: 100 Days of car2go Success in Washington D.C: 100 New Additional Cars, for 8,500 New Members | Daimler Global Media Site > Mercedes-Benz Cars > smart > car2go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts