Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I sent that news story to the local center manager this morning – she's probably known for awhile, but must be elated nonetheless. More smart sales; gas this time.

·
Premium Member
7,611 Posts
In a previous San Diego C2G ED firesale they were sent to a dismantler.

Perhaps because of the weak resale value of the "sled" they pull the high value battery pack to avoid potential warranty claims on a rental that may have been abused?

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,611 Posts
There are a ton Fortwo's on this auto auction website with almost no miles! 2015 gas Pure, 30 actual miles! Crazy
And "a ton" of them carry salvage titles for obvious reasons...

Please note that this thread WAS about the C2G EV (not gas) Fleet, all M-B owned smart ED's?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Gasp! An SCoA thread hijack??

The thread was (originally) about Car2Go switching from electric to gas smarts in San Diego... because my city failed to develop sufficient infrastructure to support Car2Go EVs. But what the heck, let's meander the topic awhile – as with all threads! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Apologies

Gasp! An SCoA thread hijack??

The thread was (originally) about Car2Go switching from electric to gas smarts in San Diego... because my city failed to develop sufficient infrastructure to support Car2Go EVs. But what the heck, let's meander the topic awhile – as with all threads! ;)

I apologize if I upset the thread. I was mainly making a point of the irony of Car2Go killing their electric fleet for gas when, for some reason, there is a "fleet" of low/no mileage gas cars already in the auction yard.

·
Premium Member
7,611 Posts
I apologize if I upset the thread. I was mainly making a point of the irony of Car2Go killing their electric fleet for gas when, for some reason, there is a "fleet" of low/no mileage gas cars already in the auction yard.
As SV sez, no apology necessary.

We run such a "tidy town" here on SCoA that it is unusual to see a thread go off the rails, not...

The C2G fleet is somewhat "purpose built" and I would expect the San Diego 451 fleet is being refreshed with 453's?

As the 451's trim level is pretty spartan, as a "niche of a niche" they may be difficult to resell making them a bargain?

·
Registered
527 Posts
In a previous San Diego C2G ED firesale they were sent to a dismantler.
Perhaps because of the weak resale value of the "sled" they pull the high value battery pack to avoid potential warranty claims on a rental that may have been abused?
What a crime to dismantle a great little car like these Smart ED's. I bought my car (not leased) as I couldn't stand the thought of what might happen to it in the hands of MB once the 3 years was up. This way, I control the destiny of my car, and right now, I plan to keep it long term.

My car is abused daily, thrashed, and it's had zero issues. Wish all the cars I've ever owned were as strong and stable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts