Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I am going to OTD this year and wanted to know if anyone from Indiana would like to meet somewhere, possibly smart center Indianapolis maybe and caravan down to North Carolina.
i would like to drive with other cars because i have never driven out of state by myself

·
Registered
43 Posts
Assuming we would be traveling on Thursday, what time would we have to leave the Smart Center in order to make it on time for check-in and dinner? Allowing time for lunch, pit stops, etc?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK, I did some figuring and here is what I've come up with:

If we want to arrive at the resort at 5:00pm in order to check in and make the 6:00 dinner, we should depart the Indianapolis Smart Center at 7:30am. This gives us 7.5 hours of drive time and 2 hours for lunch, pit stops, etc. If we don't take that long for stops, we will just arrive that much earlier.

I will post a map with directions and approximate times. If others want to join the caravan along the way, we can arrange some meet points.

Who's in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive heard stories about u Jetfuel. and no my engine doesnt have the govenor taken off and its just the stock engine.
as far as time leaving, anytime on Thursday would be fine with me.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
...so...what's the verdict???...are we going or what???
..the best route...Cinci..Lexington...Knox...west on 40 to 129 to Alcoa..up the Dragon..

jetfuel...warming up the hair dryer..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry for the delay. I'll get the map posted later today. I WILL be at the Indy Smart Center at 7:00 am Thursday and will depart at 7:30 with anyone that cares to join.

Black passion Cabrio with white racing stripes.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
...due to health issues I'll have to see what this week brings before committing to the caravan...

Jetfuel...one day at a time

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
...you could try 35 to 321 from 129 and then up the foothill parkway...a beautiful ride compared to 129 west of the foothill exit...boring

Jetfuel..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts