Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is early but thought I'd get the ball rolling. Heading down Friday morning. maybe meet up in Mankato area? I am in Red Wing so I figure to head over to 35 via Rochester or so..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jim, we have to keep in touch......Ron & I will hopefully head to the rally from Nodine, MN....Our daughter lives there and we planned at least one night there before we head to rally........Just starting to figure things out.....first time I checked this site out .....so we will keep in touch !!! OK ????

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, I had to look up and see where Nodine is... We could probably hook up in Rochester or so, we can decide a little closer to the trip time but sounds good to me!! With all the cars in the Minneapolis area, and the dealer in Rochester, I would think we could get a group together. A group from MPLS may zip down 35 easier than going to Rochester, but maybe we could meet up where 14 and 35 intersect or something...

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed Amana Colonies is almost straight south of Red Wing. With that in mind, I was thinking of heading down 58 to 52 (Zumbrota) then 52 to Rochester, then 63 south into Iowa.

It would be neat to meet up in Zumbrota, or even neater to meet at the Smart dealer in Rochester. it is just off of 63!!! that would be neat! imagine a pack of smarts invading a MB dealership!!

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm thinking we could meet (or converge) on the smart center in Rochester! Maybe around 10 and leave by 11. That would get us to Amana around 3 or so... Open to suggestions or comments.,, earlier? later?

Smart dealer is just off 63 south of 52, Amana is pretty much a straight shot down 63 (according to Mapquest)

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Feeling kind of lonely in here, I'd like to give the dealership a heads up as to how many cars are stopping by, but if it is only 3 cars, well then I won't worry about it.

Helloooo anybody out there???

·
Banned
845 Posts
i'll be heading out from chicago around 10-11am, taking I-55 to I-80 on thursday, i guess i'll be on my own. i'll be at the motel 6 in cedar rapids, about 15 miles from amana. rooms are $43 a night with free wi-fi for $45 you can have a room with a fridge and microwave.

see yall there :D

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Address for dealer in Rochester(MN) is:

4447 canal place se
Rochester, MN 55904

Plan is to meet between 10 and 11 AM and head out at 11:00 depending on what the group wants, we can stop first for lunch, or along the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
caravan from Rochester MN

We have just registered for the Rally. We would like to caravan from Rochester we are planning on being at the dealership about 10:30 am

Bob and Anita Doll
Farmington MN

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GREAT!! see you at the dealership!! ... Look for the Black/Black with a little extra...

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Called the dealer and told them we would be stopping by in the morning 10-11 AM... lets get a big turnout!! They sounded excited that we would stop by!!

Had to stop cleaning as it started raining outside. Get it out of the system now, before the weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts