Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay have not heard of any caravans from the south. I am leaving Charleston SC On Wednesday Morning at 08:00 am - 08/30, should hit Knoxville TN Around 12:30-1:30 pm, depending on traffic.

Knoxville north on I75 into Lexington, KY should get there at around 3:30-4:30 pm.

Big decision here Go through Cincinnati Or Louisville ? Take the same amount of travel time. Into Indianapolis around 6:30 -7:30 pm.

Hoping to meet up with caravans out off Indianapolis on Thursday morning.

So if anyone would like to join let me know only 2 days left. If not see ya in the Dells......

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indianapolis baby..I am here. I am not tired so thinking going to eat dinner and see how I feel. Maybe continue driving. But you know how that goes after you get a full tummy:rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
See the Indy caravan thread; departing from the Bob Evans in Brownsville, IN (off I-74) around 9:30 tomorrow morning. See you there! :)
Hi John
Elaine and I are in Ottawa IL. Gona run up 39 tommorow, chickened out and did not want to run threw Chicago at 430pm.What time will you folk arrive at the Dells tommorrow?
John P.S. Hi Nancy

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, how are you? I am currently on 65 about an hour outside Chicago, waving at you as I go by. See ya tomorrow.:rolleyes:

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chicago was fun, not!!!!! Could not believe traffic at midnight. Then nice thunderstorm, wind blowing me from side to side and then the rain, lightening and why not hell! 1 am HR on the west side of Chicago, still raining. Have night vision camera rolling. Maybe caught some good shots. 3rd refuel stop. Drive safe tomorrow watch for potholes on 65 if you go that way. Construction north of Indianapolis, constuction on 90.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay.....first off thanks to everyone for their support and help. Left the Dells at 7:15 am this morning. Just had my first fuel stop 40 miles outside of Indianapolis. 373.8mles down 626 miles to go. Bra bus front wheel working good so far for a spare. Keeping my speed between 65-70mph. Not to bad of a ride, some vibration from other bent wheel but holding pressure. Had a great time with everyone. Can not wait until the next get together. See you at the Dragon. Called my Smart/Mercedes dealer, I am covered for the rims/tires until 2014. So that is good news.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Glad everything is going well on the way home and you'll get some help from the wheel/tire warranty. You could have avoided all that rain if you'd met up with us in Indy. :)

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Second stop for gas, all okay. About 30 miles outside Knoxville, slow but steady. 719.5miles only 380 miles to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts