Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are leaving out on Friday and would love to get a caravan together or join up with one that will be coming through Illinois on the way to the Rally. Excited for this already!

Tim and Janice

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
These things are a lot like herding cats; eventually something will fall into place - usually at the last minute. :D

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Just checked the route - Indy to Champaign, Bloomington, Peoria and Galesburg, IL, then up to Le Claire, IA and on to Amana. Not sure where the Illinois folks would like to join up but just let us know and we'll arrange something. If you don't have an FRS radio already they come in handy for this stuff. :)

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Just checked the route - Indy to Champaign, Bloomington, Peoria and Galesburg, IL, then up to Le Claire, IA and on to Amana. Not sure where the Illinois folks would like to join up but just let us know and we'll arrange something. If you don't have an FRS radio already they come in handy for this stuff. :)

Will hook up at Bloomington..:wink:

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
Might as well start a list...

Indy
jetfuel
klesmiley
jwight
bpsmart
amosd70
Cheryl Tatum
smartfrog

Bloomington
BARNEY_O

Peoria
justalittlesmart

:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
We kind of started a plan last week for this caravan to Iowa. Jwight is staying with a friend somewhere around Indianapolis that Thursday night. Cheryl noted on facebook that there is a Studio 6 on the northeast side of Indy that's reasonably priced. The area it's located in is called Fishers. The single queen is $49. I just asked her for the address but the thought is that we will make that meeting place one if that is at all close to where Jwright will be staying. Anyone wanting to join could meet at the hotel parking lot by what ever time and we will head up from there. Times hotel ext. noting is set in stone. We are planning on staying at the motel Thursday night if anyone else would be interested.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought my smart in Fishers at the Cadillac dealer! lol

I live 10 minutes off of I-74 right near Peoria, so I figure if I'm the only one joining up in this area, I'll just get in communication with someone in the convoy and fall in line, unless you guys want to stop in the area for lunch or whatever, since it's about the halfway point from Indy to Iowa. Just let me know.

As far as FRS radio... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Now if they can figure out about what time they'll hit these spots we'd be cook'n with gas...
Jetfuel on schedule, right Rich...:wink:
...I'll be...don't know about the other folks...they better bring their lead shoes....

jetfuel....where did they go????

·
17,350 Posts
Anyone coming from up north? Or will I have to sneak my way in at some point? :D

·
17,350 Posts
You may go fast but you can be beat, by a girl, getting better mileage, in the rain....:D Chumly and Cindy:x
If Mrbadexample comes to this one he'll definitely better both you and I for mileage.

Though it took him nearly twice the time, he was able to go from Chicago to Red Wing, MN averaging 55-60 MPG! :eek:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If Mrbadexample comes to this one he'll definitely better both you and I for mileage.

Though it took him nearly twice the time, he was able to go from Chicago to Red Wing, MN averaging 55-60 MPG! :eek:
Like you said, it took twice the time but it is possible to get great mileage out of these cars. I'll be pulling a trailer with camping gear so I don't know what I'll get this time. Chumly

·
17,350 Posts
But you also have those sweet aero mods! :)

I averaged 40 MPG going to and from Red Wing...and that was going about 70 MPH the whole trip.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts