Smart Car of America Forum banner

Caravan from/through Illinois

13K views 67 replies 15 participants last post by  justalittlesmart 
#1 ·
We are leaving out on Friday and would love to get a caravan together or join up with one that will be coming through Illinois on the way to the Rally. Excited for this already!

Tim and Janice

#5 ·
Just checked the route - Indy to Champaign, Bloomington, Peoria and Galesburg, IL, then up to Le Claire, IA and on to Amana. Not sure where the Illinois folks would like to join up but just let us know and we'll arrange something. If you don't have an FRS radio already they come in handy for this stuff. :)

#10 ·
We kind of started a plan last week for this caravan to Iowa. Jwight is staying with a friend somewhere around Indianapolis that Thursday night. Cheryl noted on facebook that there is a Studio 6 on the northeast side of Indy that's reasonably priced. The area it's located in is called Fishers. The single queen is $49. I just asked her for the address but the thought is that we will make that meeting place one if that is at all close to where Jwright will be staying. Anyone wanting to join could meet at the hotel parking lot by what ever time and we will head up from there. Times hotel ext. noting is set in stone. We are planning on staying at the motel Thursday night if anyone else would be interested.

#12 ·
I bought my smart in Fishers at the Cadillac dealer! lol

I live 10 minutes off of I-74 right near Peoria, so I figure if I'm the only one joining up in this area, I'll just get in communication with someone in the convoy and fall in line, unless you guys want to stop in the area for lunch or whatever, since it's about the halfway point from Indy to Iowa. Just let me know.

As far as FRS radio... Any suggestions?

#26 ·
sorry guys I have been busy with a lot of things including working on my smart. Found out yesterday that the Carlsson front lip spoiler will not fit with the lower one piece grill on the 2013 models. Anyways, if anyone wants to help or knows of a nice hotel around where 38th St. intersects I-465 or somewhere around where I-74 meets I-465 near Indianapolis. I looked around at hotels near 38th street and every one had nasty reviews maybe from being so close to the track? If anyone want to see what they are able to find I would like to find a decent hotel to stay Thursday night. Friday morning we would start the caravan in Indy and leave at what ever time and head towards Iowa. Anyone wanting to meet up could map from the hotel to Iowa and figure around what time we would be passing. I will try to look around again soon but we are working mandatory OT next week which kills my days.

#35 ·
Channel 4 for the FRS; I'd rather use 4.2 but not everyone has radios that do subchannels. We'll have to nail down the exact arrival time at Galesburg as we get closer but it looks like about 5 hours from Indy to Galesburg; if we leave no later than 9:00 a.m. we should be there around 1:00 p.m. CDT. :)

#33 ·
The RV my parents rented has a CB...if anyone still uses those things
Breaker 1-9 for my good buddy neon. Ya' got your ears on?
That's a big 10-4 good buddy.
I here y'all be bookin' west bound in a land yacht from Chi Town on the super slab with the hammer down.
Watch out for smokey, he's got yer number there good buddy.
If y'all are lucky, he'll be 10-7 gettin' a mud ball at the chew 'n choke.
I hear smokey's lookin' fer a 10-32 poppin' quadriskeet. I hear y'all got one I can pop.
10-9, didn't get a copy on that good buddy. Did y'all spill yer big gulp on that one?
Hey good buddy, how many candles are ya' burning now? 20?
Well, good buddy, time to hit the sack.
Keep the greasy side down and we'll catch you on the flip flop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.