Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Leaving Limon at 3 will have us arriving in the Denver area during rush hour. That can add an hour or more to the journey to the hotel. Hopefully it won't but we got caught in it last week.
Well guys, when you doing stops and layovers, you have to compromise somewhere, are you really in that big of a hurry? I don't think people want to get up at 5-6 in the morning to race to register. We can save time by not driving through Limon for a "mini parade" too. I don't think it will be that eventful for the town of Limon. Maybe you Houston guys can plan to be waiting by 2pm and be ready to just hop on the highway and go. It's only 92 miles to Westminster from Limon if we meet at exit 359 so don't worry about rush hour time, I'm sure will be fine.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
My niece who lives in Westminster laughed when I read your thread to her. She said that rush hour starts at 3 pm. There is a chance that it won't be too heavy by 3:30, chance is the operative word.

I am helping the organizers with whatever they need once I arrive at the hotel.
I'll confirm the Houston groups plans once we finalize them.

·
Super Moderator
29,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It looks like there is a toll highway that circumvents the city and will drop us off right by Westminister.
Thought about that; normally avoid toll roads but that one is not heavily traveled so might save us some time.

Well guys, when you doing stops and layovers, you have to compromise somewhere, are you really in that big of a hurry? I don't think people want to get up at 5-6 in the morning to race to register. We can save time by not driving through Limon for a "mini parade" too. I don't think it will be that eventful for the town of Limon. Maybe you Houston guys can plan to be waiting by 2pm and be ready to just hop on the highway and go. It's only 92 miles to Westminster from Limon if we meet at exit 359 so don't worry about rush hour time, I'm sure will be fine.
Limon ain't that big that we couldn't do a drive down Main Street just to impress the local folks - probably the most smarts they'll ever see at one time. :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts