Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
OK, slight revision to proposed Indy caravan stops - first night at Cedar Rapids, Iowa and second night at Mitchell, South Dakota. Should arrive in Deadwood about 2 p.m. on the 13th.

PS - The Starlite Drive-In Theatre in Mitchell has good reviews! :)
While in Mitchell check out the Corn Palace. Be sure to stop at Wall Drug's.

·
Super Moderator
28,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Cyndy and I are staying in Mitchell Sunday night.
That sounds like a good place to meet up - anybody heading west on I-90 that wants to gather in Mitchell Sunday evening can join in. We can take in a movie [sorry, the drive-in closed last year] at the drive-in, then all caravan into Deadwood on Monday. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
OK, slight revision to proposed Indy caravan stops - first night at Cedar Rapids, Iowa and second night at Mitchell, South Dakota. Should arrive in Deadwood about 2 p.m. on the 13th.

PS - The Starlite Drive-In Theatre in Mitchell has good reviews! :)
Elaine and I will meet up with the caravan in Cedar Rapids Saturday evening. Jwight can you let us know what motel you will be staying at so we can plan ahead
Thanks LTDThree

·
Registered
45 Posts
hotels

Elaine and I will meet up with the caravan in Cedar Rapids Saturday evening. Jwight can you let us know what motel you will be staying at so we can plan ahead
Thanks LTDThree
Ditto - would like to stay at same hotels along the way if you already know which ones to stay at :)

·
Super Moderator
28,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Will have to check out places in Cedar Rapids also - anyone have any info on hotels there? :)

·
Super Moderator
28,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If you'd prefer to stop in Cedar rapids that would add another car to the caravan - assuming you'd planned on a Saturday night stop in Iowa. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just thought I would let those of you coming across I-90 and staying in Mitchell. Fill up, because the next major stop with any type of fuel off the interstate is Wall exit 110 and 109. Also be ready for sticker shock in SD for gas, at least on the west side of the state. Expensive.

·
Super Moderator
28,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
223 miles from Mitchell to Wall - no sweat. Have to make a stop at Wall Drugs anyway just to say we did. :)

·
Super Moderator
28,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That may be on Tom's agenda - it's certainly on mine, plus several other places out there. Haven't decided whether to try for the West Coast or not.... :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't have any good intel on hotels there. The Quality Inn gets good reviews on Google Maps and is reasonably priced. :)
Checked my AAA info and there are two Quality Inn's in Cedar Rapids, IA. I was happy with the Quality Inn we all stayed at in Miamisburg, OH. I will check on rates at both for Saturday eve on June 11th and see which one is cheaper and/or closest to the interstate that we will be driving on. looks like we will be taking I-380 according to my map.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Checked my AAA info and there are two Quality Inn's in Cedar Rapids, IA. I was happy with the Quality Inn we all stayed at in Miamisburg, OH. I will check on rates at both for Saturday eve on June 11th and see which one is cheaper and/or closest to the interstate that we will be driving on. looks like we will be taking I-380 according to my map.
Here's the poop …. sorry I mean scoop :) The QI hotel closest to I-380 has 7 King rooms for $79.99 left for June 11th and the QI hotel just a bit further from I-380 has 15 2-queens left for $94.99 on June 11th.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts