Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm going to be leaving from Gainesville fla. 1800 miles each way... Im going to be towing my 450 on a trailer , using my crew cab truck, if anyone else wants to ride along I have room on my trailer for 1 more smart if we put them on straight and can fit 3 if we load the. Sideways, if we have more I can bring my 50ft gooseneck but it'll be tight in my truck on the ride up unless it's only one person per smart... Lmk

352-474-1617

·
Registered
217 Posts
Linda and I just booked our rooms for the caravan.Linda has promised to use restraint during our Ralley,please don't entice her divious behavior, or her bond will be revoked,and she will be sent to her room.���� PS don't forget your 2 way Wilkie Talkies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Folks - sad news … I have decided not to go to Deadwood, SD. In between thinking about the expense and driving the distance, I just decided that I wasn't up for it. Hope you all have a safe trip and I will be looking forward to seeing any pictures that you post!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm leaving Iowa City (south of Cedar Rapids) on Sunday morning and will be staying at the Thunderbird Lodge in Mitchell. Check out the Corn Palace (open til 9pm).

I plan on taking a detour through the Badlands and stopping at Wall Drug for lunch on Monday. It's only another 90 miles to Deadwood.

Drive smart

·
Registered
119 Posts
Make sure you count the wall drug signs on i-90. Gives you something to do. Supposed to be one on the moon (You won't be able to count that one.)

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Route change.
(1) Richmond, VA to Dayton, OH. Nephew in New Lebanon has a cup of coffee & a bunk with our name on it.
(2) Dayton, OH to Cedar Rapids, IO "Hook up for a caravan to Deadwood" "3LUG" needs the company.
(3) Mitchell, SD to Deadwood, SD

Now to get the reservations done. I will try to use the ones other are using.
Thanks folks, a caravan does sound better.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Chumly and I (Cindy) are planning to get as far as Mitchell SD on Saturday night. So that we can get to Deadwood on Sunday. This way we will be rested on Monday. If anyone is interested in joining us please contact Chumly. So ready for this trip. Safe trip for all.

·
Super Moderator
28,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The "Indy" group will be departing from McDonald's in Crawfordsville, IN (exit 34 on I-74) around 11 am on Saturday. About 5 hours (plus stops) to Cedar Rapids from there. :)

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
With 3LUG at 50k miles, I had her brake lines & engine flushed, front rotors & pads replaced, oil changed and this past Monday I received the XM radio for the trip. We were ready. However, an immediate family member has caused us to cancel this trip due to a medical emergency. I have made contact with Tom and he was very, very supported. If this happens next year, 3LUG & I hope to be part of a bucket list item of ours. Be safe and enjoy the event.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts