Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can hardly believe it. I am coming up on three years of ownership of my 2015 smart ED! What started out as a lark and an experiment in owning and driving an electric vehicle has become pretty much my daily driver. I've now put nearly 20,000 miles on it since I got it used in 2017.

And because of that, I've become more and more interested in adding a cargo cover to block prying eyes from my groceries, or whatever else I may have in the back area.

eBay has a couple of sellers offering OEM cargo covers that include my year and model. However, they both indicate "installation instructions not included." I'm no simpleton, and I wonder how difficult it would be to add one (I had one in my wife's Jeep Liberty that was self-explanatory: Squeeze to remove, squeeze to install)? Are they that easy, or is this a landmine waiting to explode?

·
Super Moderator
28,836 Posts
It's pretty simple - one end of the cover is spring loaded. Fit the opposite end into the depression on the right side panel behind the passenger seat. The other (spring loaded) end goes in the depression on the left panel behind the drivers seat... :)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
There were two versions, one that just covered the cargo area, and another which provided a divider between cargo area and back of seats. The latter was a more challenging install....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Make sure to engage Both teeth on the back side. I gave myself a heart attack when the one side snapped out. Couldn't figure why I was hearing the turbo on Minimus... ...remebered the cover was open.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cargo cover I ordered off eBay arrived today. I'm conducting an online training on California time, so by the time I could get to the car to install it, the dark had settled in. It didn't matter: I got it installed in under two minutes. In the dark! It's just what I wanted. I'm very happy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts