Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used one of the cargo covers with net that are being sold on eBay? I was wondering if the quality and fit is good or not

·
Registered
7,666 Posts

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,660 Posts
Seems a bit high on price. If I remember correctly, I only paid $120.00 for mine new at the dealer when I took delivery in '09.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
I sold mine years ago for 50 bucks. Your going to have to continue to follow eBay, for a OEM one. Personally from my point of view. The cover is kind of flimsy. Just Velcro to the rear carpet. Only covers 10”. You can’t see in anyway, from the hatch window. The window so dark. We stopped using it cause it took up, what little valuable cargo space there is, in the back. The cargo cover just sat in the garage.

Here’s one Walmart has to offer. For the price, who cares if it has the little smart car icon emboss on it. The cargo cover, looks just like the OEM one.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sold mine years ago for 50 bucks. Your going to have to continue to follow eBay, for a OEM one. Personally from my point of view. The cover is kind of flimsy. Just Velcro to the rear carpet. Only covers 10”. You can’t see in anyway, from the hatch window. The window so dark. We stopped using it cause it took up, what little valuable cargo space there is, in the back. The cargo cover just sat in the garage.

Here’s one Walmart has to offer. For the price, who cares if it has the little smart car icon emboss on it. The cargo cover, looks just like the OEM one.

Thanks. Yeah, that came up on a search and I scrolled on by since I will do without something before I will send Walmart my money. I think I am going to order one on eBay from the first response you posted. They look identical. Having a catchall net is the main reason I want one but being able to cover a load of moonshine is a plus too :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a used OEM one and two aftermarket ones. Don't see much difference. Both styles seem of decent quality. The velcro attachment is kind of stupid, I think. And the bar holding the retractable cover does take some space. But it's easy enough to pop out. I have a donut spare behind the passenger seat and it doesn't interfere with it. I think I paid about $55 or so for each of the aftermarkets, a bit more for the OEM.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Has anyone used one of the cargo covers with net that are being sold on eBay? I was wondering if the quality and fit is good or not
Because I have a convertible I don't have the one with the upper net. Mine has 2 net pockets on the front that offer some convenient storage behind the seats.
Pictures below
ad pic 014.JPG
ad pic 015.JPG
ad pic 016.JPG

Keeps things nicely covered with the top up or down. The wife and I keep our jackets and hats on top of the cover, really anything lite can rest on top.
Bought a few years ago off ebay around $100 great buy love it.
With the cover you can't pack as much as I did with my 1st smart convertible. The seats are all the way back, top and tailgate will close.

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Because I have a convertible I don't have the one with the upper net. Mine has 2 net pockets on the front that offer some convenient storage behind the seats.
Pictures below
View attachment 65763 View attachment 65764 View attachment 65765

Keeps things nicely covered with the top up or down. The wife and I keep our jackets and hats on top of the cover, really anything lite can rest on top.
Bought a few years ago off ebay around $100 great buy love it.
With the cover you can't pack as much as I did with my 1st smart convertible. The seats are all the way back, top and tailgate will close.
That's the same type i have. 4 years and still looks good and works well. I seem to remember it being in the 55 to 60 dollar range.

·
Registered
978 Posts
That's the same type i have. 4 years and still looks good and works well. I seem to remember it being in the 55 to 60 dollar range.
Yeah, mine may have been around the same price, I forget. I bought so many things around that time coil packs, intake hose, scoop, exhaust, k&n air filters, obd gauge reader, chrome wheel bolts, etc...I just don't remember. But I know I loved it.
JL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts