Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 08 451 the carpet is pathetic the way it fits in the car. It's almost like it shrunk, doesn't tuck under any molding and you can see what is under it. Is everyone else's like that too? and we paid for that kind of workmanship...no quality control?

This does not apply to Smarts but I thought it was a good idea that can be applied to most cars. My wife's 06 Civic has the top mats over the carpet like our Smart's and most other cars do. And on the underside it has foam rubber glued to the mat (not the carpet) and is so worn out that the mats shift left to right when getting in or out and if left alone long enough there would be a 4 to 6 inch high mat sticking up depending which way you push. So I went to Lowes and bought some clear vinyl runner with spikes sticking out the bottom to keep it in place. I then cut it to fit leaving about 1/2 to 1 inch gap around the edge and used some 3M general spray adhesive and glued the vinyl to the underside of the mat and let it set for a day or two to dry good....problem solved

1 - 1 of 1 Posts