Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gah, Smartie been baptized by a cat... Came out and saw paw prints all over the service hatch and halfway up the windshield. Any tips to stop this from happening again?

·
Registered
729 Posts
My cat only tried climbing on my smart once. Luckily I was there as she hopped up on the service hatch. A quick click of the panic button sure discouraged her from continuing the journey up to my pano roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I put car covers and a plastic drop cloth over the cars I keep outside. From time to time, I have had cats jump up on my cars. I have resolved this concern by getting a plastic carpet runner and turning it upside down, so the carpet gripers are facing up. Once a cat jumps up on the upside down carpet runner and steps on the grippers, they usually won't try this again.
I would be very careful in how you deal with feral cats. Many states and even the Federal Government have adopted animal cruelty laws and in some cases one could be charged with a felony, if you harm an animal. Best to take preventative measures so that cats won't jump up on your cars.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It's a crock that people have cats and claim they are pets, yet turn them loose to wreak havoc on the neighborhood. If I trap and take the cats to the pound, they will most likely be killed. A lethal injection sure sounds more cruel than an artificial rain storm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cats come in from the rain and nestle on the dry car. It's frustrating and I noticed there are scratch marks from where the cat dug his claws in. Any idea if buffing will get it out? I've googled and found out mothballs, cayenne pepper, and even vinegar are good deterrents that are not lethal. There was also a site that suggested that I make a circle around the car with salt to fiend off evil demons, but I don't know how truthful it is lol. I have realized I can't have anything nice but I'll baby it the best that I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And yes my car is sideways in my carport and also it's to be able to park the van under it too. It's the only way I can protect Blue from the elements.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
As I mentioned in my previous post, get a car cover and then buy a clear plastic carpet runner with sharp grippers. Place the runner upside down across the entire length of your car. You can put some weights on the runner to keep the wind from blowing it off. I use weights dipped in plastic for this purpose. Neither humans or cats will want to walk on the sharp grippers. These runners are sold by the foot at places like Home Depot, Lowes, and Orchard Supply.
As for scratches left by a cat's claws, usually a cleaner wax will remove the scratches.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a similar problem with cats. Occasionally they will spray my car with urine on the left front plastic grill area and have also been known to climb over the bonnet, windshield and roof areas leaving paw prints all over them.

I doesn't happen too often though thank god.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I use ONCE A YEAR car polish, rubbed on dried then buffed off (a couple of times), then a spray coat of ARMOR ALL.. the high shine. Nothing will stick to it, nothing can climb on it. and will keep your ride shiny Once they get the idea they cant get there... they give up..

steveg.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts